Mercy House Kenya is a Kenyan-based maternity home that rescues pregnant girls who are hopeless and often homeless. I have been following Mercy House since its conception. It’s a great ministry to those young ladies in Africa.
- Annually, 21,000 women are hospitalized from having an illegal, unsafe abortion in Kenya
- Abortion is a volatile topic in Kenya
- 13,000 Kenyan girls are kicked out of school for being pregnant.
- 25% of pregnant women in Kenya are HIV positive.
- Every 30 minutes, a woman is raped in Kenya.
- Mothers often force their daughters into trading sex for food in the slums.
- More than 20,000 children are sex trafficked in Kenya.
- 1500 woman die in childbirth every day across Africa.
Provide a safe place-a guarded home for ten moms and their babies.
Partner with local churches to provide:
- Prenatal Care- vitamins, checkups, safe delivery in a private hospital.
- Proper Nutrition- protein and regular meals.
- Counseling- post abortion/prostitution/abuse.
- Ministry – prayer, Biblical teaching.
- Skills – jewelry, art, sewing.
- A nurturing family-life environment.
- A safe place to stay and learn and heal unbtil they graduate from the program.
- Post-graduate program to continue to care for them after graduation.
- A account to start small business or go to school.
The Mercy House Kenya sent a wonderful handmade tote and a t-shirt for me to review. Here’s a few of the pictures I made while having a bit of fun outside:
Both items totally surprised me in their quality. The t-shirt is so super soft, that I want to wear it constantly. The front of the shirt says “Mercy made this happen” and the back is a simple link to The Mercy House. I really really love it!
The tote again, is amazing quality! This tote is very sturdy and with great touches of cutesy bright fabric. It has an inner pocket as you can see in the pictures above and the “Love Mercy” logo on the front is gorgeous! I love this tote! It will certainly get a lot of use out of this big Christian blended family!
If you would like to win one of these products, you are in luck. Enter below to win your choice of the t-shirt above or the tote bag! Isn’t that awesome! If you don’t win please go look at the other amazing items that are in the Mercy Store! There are some great handmade beaded necklaces that I’m in super love with! Perfect for the upcoming spring.